We are looking for a Sr. M&A Corporate Counsel to join our legal team in Mountain View, CA. Description
We partner with innovators to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem.
We started in 2013 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. What began as a small group has since become a global organization working to realize this vision and the ideas of innovators everywhere. Each of our partners share our passion for building deeper connections and seamless experiences to inspire the world and create the future.
We are looking for a Sr. M&A Corporate Counsel to join our legal team in Mountain View, CA.
- Lead M&A legal activities on behalf of Samsung NEXT
- Work closely with internal clients to achieve their business objectives
- Independently draft and negotiate MOUs / term sheets
- Efficiently manage outside counsel from initial due diligence through closing
- Advise senior management on legal risks and develop ways to mitigate them
- Drive collaboration across Korean and U.S. specialist legal teams
- 6+ years of M&A experience at a premier law firm
- Significant prior work on technology transactions
- Outstanding academic credentials (top 20 law school)
- Self-starter, capable of managing deals with minimal guidance
- Commercially-oriented mindset, focused on business needs
- Able to collaborate on international, cross-functional teams
- Exceptional drafting abilities and communication skills
- Currently admitted to practice law in at least one state
- Collegial, solid sense of humor and an outgoing personality
- Position reports directly to the General Counsel of Samsung NEXT
- Part of a small, friendly team of legal and business professionals
- Based in Mountain View, but with ability to work remotely 1x per week
- Occasional travel required (Korea and NYC/NJ ~2x per year)