Zoosk is looking for software engineers of all levels who will be responsible for creating and maintaining multiple back-end and cloud systems that serve data and provide business logic to our many client applications through a REST-based API. Your server-side code will provide access to critical functions for Zoosk client applications, including authentication, user activity controls, messaging, search, social graph, user profile management, payments, caching, and photos.
- Design, code and maintain software libraries and APIs that drive our client applications, providing access to data, caching, job scheduling, business logic and messaging systems
- Collaborate with product managers to define clear requirements, deliverables, and milestones for development projects
- Own significant portions of the codebase and monitor their performance in production systems
- Identify opportunities to improve Zoosk software infrastructure. Research technologies, produce proof of concepts and integrate into production systems.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or commensurate experience
- 2+ years experience building scalable, data-driven software systems
- Solid computer science fundamentals
- Solid experience with relational databases, handling datasets of millions of rows
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Node.js, Angular.js, MySQL, AWS Cloud Services (DynamoDB, API Gateway, RDS, Lambda, CloudFormation)
- Experience building applications on LAMP stacks
- Excited about hard problems and creating next-gen solutions
Zoosk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Zoosk’s Core Values: Don’t stop caring. Be a doer. We’re better together. Speak up. We say no to the status quo. If there’s fun to be had, then have it.
Zoosk is a leading online dating company in San Francisco founded by two engineers in 2007. After ten years, we have 40 million users in 80 countries exchanging millions of messages in 25 different languages every single day.
With the #1 grossing online dating app in the Apple App Store, Zoosk is a market leader in mobile dating. Zoosk’s Behavioral Matchmaking™ technology is constantly learning from the actions of over 35 million searchable members in order to deliver better matches in real time.