Vistaprint is looking for a junior- to mid-level Software Engineer for its Vistaprint Digital Services business unit.
The right person will help move our digital marketing products and platform to the next level. You’ll be working as part of a skilled, collaborative team to jointly design and implement high visibility applications. This is an IDEAL job if you are a software engineer with 3-5+ years of experience who wants to be part of a small, intensely skilled team, feel total ownership of your work, and can’t imagine a day without coding. You will play a crucial role in contributing to Vistaprint’s customers’ success.
You have full stack, front-end, or backend engineer skills. You are creative, focused, and technically curious. You enjoy both design as well as working hands-on deep in the code. You probably have one or more projects on GitHub and you attend or run one or more meetups. Most importantly, you are eager to learn by working alongside talented, experienced engineers who care about nurturing your abilities and helping you achieve your goals.
Vistaprint Digital provides an easy-to-use, reliable and cost-effective marketing platform specifically designed for the small business owner. The Vistaprint Digital platform powers the online marketing of millions of small businesses around the globe with its complete suite of website, social media, email, and other digital identity and marketing products. Vistaprint Digital enables small businesses to launch online, get noticed, engage customers and grow.
Vistaprint is a global e-commerce brand empowering more than 16 million micro business owners to professionally promote their business with quality printed and digital marketing products at an affordable price. Our world-class online design studio allows customers to easily customize their products including business cards, marketing materials, signage, promotional products, apparel, Vistaprint websites, digital marketing, cards and stationery at www.vistaprint.com. We support 25 localized Vistaprint websites serving various global markets and have thousands of employees in offices worldwide. Vistaprint is a Cimpress (Nasdaq:CMPR) brand.
- Design and develop components of our web applications as part of an agile/scrum team
- Plan and implement methods to scale our product well beyond current capacity
- Develop products that achieve optimal application performance and scalability
- Be a core contributor in a full stack development environment with the option to specialize in one or more layers of the stack
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- 3-5+ years experience developing commercial quality web and/or mobile applications
You have several of the following:
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in OOP using C#, Java, C, C++ or similar
- Knowledge of ORM Hibernate or similar, MVC using Spring framework or similar, and Web services (REST and/or SOAP)
- Knowledge of Internet networking technologies and protocols like HTTP, SSL/TLS, DNS, OpenID Connect, OAuth, etc.
- Experience with continuous build and integration using one or more of the following Git, Subversion, Ant, Hudson, Maven, Teamcity, Bamboo, Jenkins or other similar
- Knowledge of enterprise software engineering concepts such as security, scalability, transaction management, and multi-threading
- Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases with understanding of Normalization/Denormalization, Constraints, Logical/Physical Design, Transaction Management, JDBC, Hibernate
- A detail-oriented and highly communicative personality, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with agile methodologies and short release cycles
- Strong attention to detail, good work ethic, and good communication skills
Vistaprint empowers millions of business owners worldwide to market themselves professionally. We're a place for people who don’t settle, who challenge the status quo and never stop asking how to do things better. Technology and design are always evolving and we’re continually finding ways to [...]