Building great software requires great tools. MongoDB is seeking a software engineer for our developer productivity team, which serves our entire engineering organization and strives to improve the way developers create and deliver high-quality software. Our job is to make MongoDB engineers more successful by constantly improving our internal tools to meet their needs.
We’re looking for a versatile software engineer who understands how to create and operate scalable, distributed systems, has the desire to constantly improve the codebase and the product, and is passionate about helping others do their job more effectively. The team cares deeply about automated testing, maintainable code, and scalable systems, and is passionate about improving software engineering for those around them. Our mission is to make MongoDB developers more successful by taking our internal development tools to the next level.
The right candidate for this role will:
- Have proficiency in developing core backend functionality for full stack applications
- Be equally comfortable with requirements gathering, implementation, testing, and maintenance of a system
- Have demonstrable experience in a compiled programming language (e.g. Go/C/C++/Java) and a strong interest in learning Go
- Have an ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment with a frequent and regular release cycle
- Be introspective about their own developer workflows and interested in improving developer experience for everyone
- Improve and extend our continuous integration system and other developer tools
- Work with the MongoDB engineering organization throughout the full software development cycle
- Work with our operations team to ensure a high level of service quality throughout our systems
- Embrace a wide range of technologies and problem domains, including Linux systems, cloud computing, test automation infrastructure, build systems, web services, and distributed systems
An engineer will be successful in this role when they:
- Build novel features for MongoDB’s continuous integration system
- Improve the developer experience for the MongoDB engineering team
We work as a team––creating an open forum for innovative thought, candid discussion, and mutual respect. But in the end, we always put commitment over consensus, and value excellence in all its wonderful forms.