As a member of the Twilio Billing Platform team you will scale the financial data pipeline that processes millions of transactions every day. You will reduce risk to customers by detecting and preventing fraud. You will join a team obsessed with accuracy and testability — if a third party service converts our decimal values to floating point, we detect the rounding errors. We are looking for engineers who appreciate this level of scale & automation and enjoy exploring bleeding-edge techniques in financial processing.
What we do:
- Process over 1,000,000,000 transactions each month.
- Capture all of Twilio's usage into an ERP system to report and forecast revenue.
- Identify and stop fraud: Credit card fraud, spam, phishing.
- Tax thousands of customers globally over 10+ products.
How we do it:
- RESTful microservices written in Scala and Python.
- Data storage with MySQL, Dynamo DB, Redis.
- Cloud hosted on AWS (SQS, EC2, Kinesis, Pipelines, Redshift).
- Design, build, test, deploy our services.
- Utilize distributed workflows, machine learning.
- Leverage open source projects: Dropwizard, Scalaz, Flask, gevent, gunicorn.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years in industry as a developer working with mission critical systems or billing systems.
- Experience with at least one database system.
- You have experience owning production systems.
- You have experience with Scala, Functional Programming, Distributed Systems.
- You know AWS (EC2, Dynamo DB, SQS).
- You have integrated with a third party API.
- You enjoy finding why one rogue message out of 30 million escaped billing.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with [...]