About the job:
You will triage incoming escalations with Product Manager and Engineering team:
- Track acceptance rates of escalations, and enforce accountability between Support, Product and Engineering on escalations.
- Train and enforce pre-escalation due diligence process by Support including steps to reproduce as well as testing.
- Meet with engineering team and PM to convert valid escalations into bugs/tasks for the product backlog
- Ensure engineering docs (as required by release type but can include API Docs, TwiML docs, Error Code Docs), training and troubleshooting guides, FAQs for common issues, and ticket field updates as required, are produced before product launches or feature changes are rolled out and as required post-launch.
- Advocate for new tools to help Support with troubleshooting and improvements in customer facing tools that should be exposed through the Portal/API. If Engineering time is needed, work wtih PM to prioritize.
- Add documentation to Knowledge Base to improve understanding of the product and decrease escalations filed due to a lack of this knowledge
- Collaborate with Knowledge Management Leader to maintain the quality and thoroughness of the internal and external knowledge base for the assigned products.
- Review feedback from Support in #review comments and convert to escalations, feature requests or items for Support/PMs to follow up on
- Provide reports and metrics on customer’s issues and bugs that help make informed, data driven decisions around product enhancements and features. Work with PM on identifying common themes and threads and prioritize these in sprints, roadmaps etc as
- Help design product-based training for Support including functionality overview, common issues and troubleshooting techniques.
- 5+ years experience in a client-facing technical role preferably in a customer support team.
- You hit the ground running and can adapt quickly to new challenges. You quickly learn and master every aspect of complicated processes and systems.
- You use your analytical mindset to break down large problems and identify possible root causes of issues. You support your proposed solutions with data.
- You have a passion for improving product quality and creating great user experiences.
- You are excited about not only teaching others ‘how to fish’ but also how to fish at scale!
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can explain complex technical issues and diplomatically address customer concerns.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with [...]