Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Technology designs, creates and implements the methods and tools needed to make the world’s largest sports brand run faster, smarter and more securely. Global Technology teams aggressively innovate the solutions needed to help employees navigate Nike's rapidly evolving landscape. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Nike Technology, there are no Nike products.Description
As our Splunk Engineer, you’ll work with a variety of talented Nike teams, serving as both a Splunk expert for internal users, as well as a driving force for performance, best practices, and data integrity within the cluster. You will be required to understand and follow through with the entire data flow, from providing advice on proper data formats to application teams, to troubleshooting and tuning forwarders and search cluster, ultimately ensuring timely and accurate data is searchable 24x7.
- Serve in the role of technical subject matter expert, assisting in upholding search best practices, through user activity audits, and functional alerting
- Responsible for suggesting improvements and additional functionality as feedback for Splunk roadmap
- Collaborate with the engineering team, application developers, management, and infrastructure teams to assess near- and long-term needs
- Assist with improving the standards of the consumers experience by providing metric visibility into applications performance
- Provide expertise to support groups that require performance and troubleshooting guidance. Including query tuning and upholding best practices.
- Participate in design documentation of monitoring related solutions
- Plan, engineer, and implement robust and cost-effective computing environments, exploiting emerging technologies to provide compelling solutions
- Participate in process development with customers and service providers
- Effectively communicate tool capabilities and processes to varying stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with implementation, operations, maintenance of IT systems and/or administration of software functions in multi-platform and multi-system environments
- Experience with administration of Splunk in a production environment
- Deep understanding of Splunk configuration/architecture and able to debug issues
- Assist design solutions and concepts for data aggregation and visualization
- Understand Splunk data workflow and provide troubleshooting and feedback for improvement
- Debug complex Splunk configuration issues
- Must have strong Splunk UI experience and ability to debug complex/expensive search queries
- Experience implementing and delivering monitoring solutions in development, QA, and Production environments
- Understanding and experience with configuration management tools and concepts such as Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation, and similar
- Understanding and focus on security processes and data handling practices
- Experience with monitoring solutions and methodologies, including server and network performance, hardware, and web synthetics; application performance monitoring a plus, including, but not limited to, New Relic, ScienceLogic, Splunk, ExtraHop, AppDynamics, DynaTrace, KeyNote, Microsoft SCOM, Solarwinds Orion
- Understanding and basic technology skills to include, but not limited to: Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, logging practices, GIT/SVN, Redhat Linux, Microsoft Windows, iOS mobile devices, Android mobile devices, Amazon Web Services, JSON, Java/JBOSS, and Jetty
- Solid foundation in computer and operating systems, understanding performance metrics, statistical calculations, systems troubleshooting, runbook automation
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with management and all teams involved in the operational or development process
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00304708
NIKE, Inc. named for the Greek goddess of victory, is the world's leading designer, marketer, and distributor of authentic athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories for a wide variety of sports and fitness activities. Operating segments for the NIKE Brand are; North America, Western [...]