Make things that matter, at Plated! Our teams are making healthy and tasty eating part of everyday living. What we build as a team has a major impact on our customers, and we're passionate about doing what's best for them.
As a Senior member of our engineering team, you'll help drive delivery of a first-class web experience for Plated customers by collaborating with product and design teams to identify user needs and develop creative solutions. Our development environment ensures you'll be in touch with the interesting problems you're solving. Work in an innovative tech stack with proprietary software at the heart of our business that makes it possible to get fresh food straight from farms, right to your door.
- Tried and tested, with a minimum of 4 years working on consumer-facing web applications in a professional environment, and maybe even some personal projects too. Ruby on Rails and/or Node.JS experience is a plus!
- Knowledgeable - you're familiar with microservices, service-architecture, and service API design and experienced at writing automated tests for web apps.
- On the journey to becoming a Yoda, having begun to mentor your junior colleagues.
- Excited to work in a scrappy, quickly evolving startup and step up your career with the support and guidance of experienced leadership.
- Deliver reliable, scalable features that directly answer customer need by writing methodical, maintainable code.
- Contribute to product ideas by participating in feature design activities.
- Collaborate with talented designers, product managers, and fellow engineers in a mission-driven and data-driven environment.
- Enjoy great career growth opportunities and excellent leadership as we grow the engineering group and offer multiple tracks for career evolution.
- Partner with me and the team to interview and hire more great people like you!
- Friendly, intelligent colleagues who value feedback and love learning as much as you do
- A talented and product-focused engineering team to build cool things with
- A consistently evolving and data-driven startup environment
- Exceptional, personalized benefits with top market compensation
More About Plated
There are so many reasons to join Plated! We have one simple belief: In order to live better, you must eat better. We make it possible for consumers to cook fresh, quick and fantastic meals at home. We launched in 2012 and have been blown away by customer response since then. We want to bring even more wonderful people, like you, onto our team to continue redefining the way people think about food.
What's Plated like?
- We are an energetic, creative group that loves to laugh. We're a friendly place, where you will feel welcome and valued!
- We are using technology to fix the most broken market in the world. If you love problem-solving in action, there is no better environment.
- Our office is open floor-plan with plenty of comfy collaborative spaces, beautifully situated in one of the loveliest Manhattan neighborhoods.
- Everyone has a voice. You'll be encouraged to contribute ideas that you have both in and outside of your team.
- The growth potential for your career here is awesome! You'll enjoy ideal opportunities for training and promotion within the company.
- Plated runs on integrity. Our company values are not lip service; we incorporate them into everything we do.
What are your rewards, benefits & perks?
This list is expanding all the time!
- The best part, you'll enjoy a free box of Plated meals weekly plus daily in-office free snack noms, test kitchen samples, bi-weekly company events & bonding, and even a food curing club with great recipes & conversation.
- We recognize your value offer competitive compensation, plus stock options, based on level and depth of experience.
- You'll have unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time.
- Customizable health, vision, and dental plans.
- We also have an annual education stipend for your career development, and the right environment to grow your career internally.
- There’s even more to come - we are growing our benefits as we speak!
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Launched in 2012, Plated is the premium meal-kit brand that makes it easy for people who are passionate about food to create amazing, personal dinner experiences. To that end, Plated offers an unparalleled combination of choice, flexibility, convenience, and taste. Plated delivers distinctive [...]