The Device Marketing Portfolio organization plans the portfolio and launch of devices in the Verizon wireless retail channel. This specific opportunity owns and manages the device life cycle for devices launched in the Verizon retail channels, which includes device definition and key selling point lock-down, feature lock-down with internal Verizon stakeholders and OEMs and driving and influencing device and program through a successful launch.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving consensus on product definition and realization which includes hardware, software and customer experiences associated with the device. Own customer and market device definition and drive realization with OEM vendors.
- Partnering with key stakeholders on the impact the value proposition, user experience, quality and schedule and drive recommendations. Managing and resolving escalations from OEM's and create executive summary on device status
- Ownership of device performance readout and drive generational improvements on device performance
- Evaluating complementary proposals from Verizon product groups that impact devices under management, and driving the direction across Verizon and OEM's to realize, manage and launch the devices and features on the device
- Showing leadership via Influence
- Assisting in planning 24 month VZW portfolio by guiding and influencing OEMs to define and deliver innovational products, with unparalleled designs, cutting edge features and functionalities that appeal to the market while meeting strategic goals of Verizon Wireless.
- Driving Verizon initiatives with the OEM and serve as a product evangelist and a gate keeper of the product within Verizon Wireless.
- Owning and managing the device product life cycle, which includes strategic planning, interfacing with various internal teams to meet device schedule and launch
As an OEM lead you will be responsible for:
- Managing the OEM relationship, be the sole interface for the OEM into VZW and guide OEM to deliver on VZW device roadmap by supporting execution from design, planning, to device certification, launch and post launch activities.
- Interfacing with multiple internal organizations and external vendors (chipset, applications etc)
- Project Management of device roadmap for the OEM/s, including understanding risks, planning risk mitigations to meet time to market of new devices and software updates and upgrades (SU) for existing devices
- Understanding device requirements, attending reviews, and contributing from OEM perspective during device requirement reviews
- Owning complete responsibility for every device from the OEM roadmap including contribution to user interface and delivering the best customer experience
- Managing and delivering on device compliance (FLD’s) and following internal processes, quality checkpoints, designed to help meet device certification and time to market
- Contributing/participating in technical meetings and drive issues to resolution
- Driving key application development into devices and ensuring alignment with multiple teams spanning Verizon Wireless
- Troubleshooting and driving device issues to closure for certification and during pre-development and follow something similar for post launch issues
- Product performance tracking, communication and recommendation for follow on devices
- Staying current of industry, emerging/ disruptive technologies and market/competitive trends
- Identifying and understanding issues and providing quick responses to customer issues from field, executives or from forums
- Reducing returns and driving back improvements to product design
- Monitoring device performance and work with internal teams on device returns and warranty. Driving back post launch device learning into new device design and development or into software updates during product life cycle
Minimum 6 years experience in wireless/telecommunication industry with good knowledge of wireless devices
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- A proven track record in technical vendor management required and product portfolio planning experience desired.
- Knowledge of CDMA/LTE network required
- Subject Matter Expert(SME) knowledge of any of the following: display, camera, memory, chipset, sensors, battery, color/material/finish(CMF), is an asset
- Technical leadership and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Proven ability to undertake multiple initiatives simultaneously is highly desired
- Capability to multi-task, handle changing priorities and work independently is a necessity.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to conflicting priorities, continuously prioritize and reprioritize deliverables, and to respond to unexpected changes is required
- Demonstrated ability to build productive working relationships with internal teams), external customers and partners.
- Positive, self-starter with can-do attitude (start with yes)
- Ownership and willingness to do what it takes to attain performance goals
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.