Who We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a Product Manager that is interested in joining a close knit start up team. This role will report to and work collaboratively with the Entrepreneur in Residence.
Who We Are:
42Bits is an early stage startup focused on enriching the consumer smartphone experience. We are backed by Samsung Accelerator in SF.
What Makes this a Great Place to Work:
- Opportunity to work at the intersection of hardware & software
- Highly technical leadership team
- Results and work output are respected more than PPT and words
Who Samsung NEXT is:
We partner with innovators to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem.
We started in 2013 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. What began as a small group has since become a global organization working to realize this vision and the ideas of innovators everywhere. Each of our partners share our passion for building deeper connections and seamless experiences to inspire the world and create the future.
What We Want You to Do:
The role of a Mobile Product Manager is to bring an end-to-end view, systematic view of a technology product. This encompasses all aspects of conceiving and developing a mobile product: concept, investment thesis, go-to-market strategy, differentiation with respect to competition, product-market fit, pricing, roadmap, evolution etc. They work with the CEO to rally the rest of the organization around the product.
The ideal candidate is a technical generalist who is comfortable wearing many hats. On any given day, you might be leading a scrum, writing specs for a new feature, motivating and leading the development team, conducting tests, interviewing users, doing customer development, analyzing competitors, supporting a sales demo or working hands-on with designers on UI problems. You need to be equally comfortable working with the full technology stack as well as being in front of customers, and you must be passionate about solving the next generation of product challenges.
- Develop ideas into structured product definitions – with features, MVP (minimum-viable-product), roadmap, differentiation etc.
- Improve product-market fit through collection & analysis of statistics and operational metrics
- Identify cost-efficient mechanisms for hosting cloud based solutions
- Consulting – as a bridge- between engineering, sales, marketing to clarify existing product and understanding emerging customer needs
- Manage entire product & engineering lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
- Create one or more succinct product requirement documents
- Identify emerging opportunities for entering new markets or developing new products for existing markets; create business case and competitive landscape for each.
What We Want to See:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field; MBA is useful but not required
- Some knowledge of mobile consumer market is useful but not required
- At least 3 recent years in a technical product management role leading one or more large product efforts with a track record of stellar individual contribution
- Demonstrates excellent product intuition – with track record of spotting opportunities and translating them into viable products
- Operational smarts: A skilled strategist who can be the primary source of market focused ideas
- Ability to work with other parts of the organization to effect change or adoption of new ideas
- Passionate and customer obsession – understands and can effectively advocate on-behalf of the customer within the larger organization
- Must be willing and capable of diving deep into technical engineering discussions to clarify ambiguity or explain customer needs in technical terms
- Must be capable of adding structure and rigor to product development process – including development sprint planning, agile delivery methods, etc.
- Must be extraordinary communicator – skilled at storytelling and constructing narratives to drive alignment across the organization
Who You Are:
- Highly energetic and proactive with strong leadership skills.
- Enjoy making sense of chaos, continuously learning and working with a diverse group of builders, entrepreneurs, creators and all around great people.
- Entrepreneurial at heart, thrive in an ever evolving start-up environment and your passion is evident in your work
- Passionate about the latest developments in technology
- Fast learner and open to constructive criticism.
- Desire to dive in and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player with the ability to shift gears quickly, efficiently and effectively
- Dependable and reliable with clear thinking and attention to detail
- Great sense of humor and outlook on life . . . we laugh a lot!
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision
- All the computer gear you need to improve your productivity
- Work-life flexibility - we value your contributions above all
- Amazing waterfront office in the heart of SF with an incredible view of the Bay Bridge