The Device Marketing organization manages device realization and launches of all wireless devices in the Verizon wireless retail channels. This particular job will manage one or more OEM device partners, to realize and launch cellular devices in the Verizon retail channels.
This position is key OEM and device management role within Verizon Wireless Product Management (Device Marketing) organization. The Device product lead has overall responsibilities of realizing and launching wireless devices and is responsible for driving key Verizon wireless technology initiatives into the Verizon Wireless device line up.
If you enjoy staying at the edge of mobile technology trends and innovation, managing and launching devices that deliver a killer end-customer experience , and working with a multi disciplinary organization to realize and launch innovative products, you will find this role highly rewarding and exciting.
- Own and manage a device and OEM partner thru requirements lock down and retail launch of the device. Assist in communication of e key selling point and value proposition with the Go-To-Market teams, drive Verizon wireless initiatives with the OEM and serve as a product evangelist and a gatekeeper of the product within Verizon Wireless.
- Influence OEM’s to define and deliver winning products, that deliver innovative experiences and features that meet the strategic goals of Verizon wireless
- Drive product feature lock down across the organization and influence the launch and Go to marketing plans for the product
- Drive and influence all the key attributes on the product that ensures a successful product launch and product performance
- Monitor product performance, post launch and drive and prepare product improvements if necessary and software and experience updates during the product life cycle
- Ideal candidate will have two or more years of product management experience in defining, developing and launching wireless products in consumer channels.
- One or more years in developing and launching wireless devices in the retail channel or with wireless carriers
- A desire to innovate and an entrepreneurial mindset with a healthy disregard for the impossible
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and outstanding problem solving skills
- Proven track record in launching products or managing vendors to launch products
- Superior judgment and the proven ability to recognize and escalate situations, or manage escalated situations
- A Bachelor' s degree in either Business or Engineering or equivalent experience. The Ideal candidate will have a strong engineering, technology and business background.
- This position requires some travel in North America (25%).
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.