About the job:
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager (PM) to join the Authy team at Twilio and work with our market leading authentication technology. As a PM, you will be responsible for understanding customer's requirements and the rapidly changing authentication and identity management products space, defining the product roadmap, working on designs, client apps, planning & prioritizing sprints, bringing your ideas to production, managing existing and on-boarding new customers.
The Authy service at Twilio is used by millions of consumers and is integrated into thousands of large and small businesses, increasing the security of their applications. Your mandate is to understand the requirements of application developers and IT leaders to bring a high quality, secure and ease of use solution for their users. To do this you will need to work with Authy engineering, product marketing, sales and customer support to launch new products and support existing ones. You will own your products from both a technical and business perspective. The success of our products is in your hands.
Successful candidates will have shown the ability to ship quality product in a fast-paced environment. We expect you to be able to work and communicate across the organization at all levels. It is particularly important that you have experience working directly with engineers and engineering management, both internally and externally.
- Keep up to date on the rapidly changing Authentication/Identity Management market, develop customer use-cases, and develop working prototypes.
- Own the roadmap for Authy products. Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Mock up concepts, write functional specs, cut tickets, manage product priorities, write copy and do whatever it takes to express your ideas to our internal engineers, designers and other product managers.
- Our customers are both developers, IT leaders and consumers. You need to balance our resources across the needs from these different groups to deliver an overall market leading experience and solution. You will need to engage with the communities to understand how we can improve our products to increase functionality and unlock new uses.
- You have 5+ years experience of Product Manager for a technology company and at least your last 2 years have been as a Senior or Principal level Product Manager.
- You are a person who thrives in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity. You should have experience shipping products in a fast-paced environment.
- You understand or have experience with authentication, identity management or security offerings preferably delivered as a cloud service.
- Your experience writing code - for fun, college, or work - is a plus. We are looking for someone with a technical bent.
- You’re hands on, passionate, and collaborative.
- Love solving problems.
- Preferably have a CS or similar degree
- Spanish speaking a plus.
User identity is core to secure communications, and businesses need a simple and more cost-effective way to validate user identity. Together, Authy and Twilio address the growing need for stronger authentication methods in an increasingly connected world. Passwords aren't enough anymore. No other security company has gone as far as Authy to provide a secure yet simple user experience. That's why now, as part of the Twilio family, Authy helps more than 1 million people to protect their most important accounts.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with [...]