We are looking for a Business Operations Manager with a passion for a record of executing and succeeding in operational roles to lead our market entry into India. Tala is a world leader in providing direct loans and financial services in emerging markets. We are a global team with diverse backgrounds who are singularly focused on using technology, data and customer-centric approach to meet the financial needs of the 2+ billion people of the emerging global middle class.
This role will report to the India Country Manager. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of a growing team and help formulate the short and long term strategic direction of a dynamic, fast growing startup.
- Finance Operations
- Maintain regular communication to ensure timely filing of records and taxes, as well as support for all regulatory compliance.
- Plan financing for operations and support the budgeting process
- Support group wide finance management , good records and ongoing review of financial statements.
- Ensure accounts managed and maintained within both company and Indian business regulatory standards.
- Authorised/Signatory level of transactions for all bank accounts, payments of bills, inter-account transfers, USD to INR rate negotiations.
- Daily reporting once lending starts
- Vendor Management
- Manage relationship with chartered accountants, company secretariats and ensure bookkeeping is in line with Indian law and Tala standards
- Manage office and liaise with relevant service providers (e.g. building manager)
- Ensure compliance with Aadhar, UPI, SMS provider, law firm and other service provider reporting
- Personnel Operation
- Follow SOP for onboarding and offboarding of employees depending on team-specific checklists
- Manage onboarding and offboarding of all employees in India office
- Manage and track all software and hardware equipment
- Manage payroll; track and approve employee reimbursements (via Expensify)
- Ensure labor compliance
- Conduct regular check-ins with employees
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is changing the way credit scoring and financial services work around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Mumbai, and Manila.