The Verve SDK development team is seeking a highly skilled Mobile QA Engineer who has the technical chops to design and develop manual and automation tests to drive product quality. We are looking for individuals that have mobile application testing experience and are passionate about being part of the solution to deliver high-quality products. We are a small, fast-growing company that delivers value to publishers and advertisers by driving foot traffic with our location-aware ads.
YOU ARE… unassuming and love to think outside the box. You love to write code and automate when possible to make your job easier. You love developing test plans and test cases based upon functional specifications and product requirements. You are motivated by seeing others succeed and you are a great team player. You are so organized that it drives your friends and family crazy. If this is you, then we would love to consider you for Verve!
- Understand the business problem being solved and understand how to evaluate the solution to that problem
- Plan and drive test execution efforts with the goal of building concrete automated regression test coverage suites, reducing test time and improve defect identification
- Execution of automated and manual test cases and analysis of testing results
- Testing in house built applications, SDK or testing against Verve's beacon technology
- Effectively apply critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to efficiently identify the cause and effect of software and/or hardware related issues across various platforms like Web UI, Mobile Web and Mobile Apps
- Occasional interaction with customers and troubleshooting customer integrations of our SDK
- Work closely with theDevelopers and QA Engineers who are onsite and off shore, to achieve a high level of code coverage
- Ability to think outside the box and approach the app with multiple user perspectives
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 3 years of experience with software quality assurance required.
- 1-2 years of experience with mobile software applications testing and troubleshooting for iOS and Android.
- 1-2 years of experience with Web application testing and troubleshooting across browsers.
- Working knowledge of Java, Ruby or other programing languages.
- Working knowledge of Xcode and Android SDK platform tools.
- Experience with mobile and web test automation (Appium, SauceLabs, Selenium WebDriver or similar).
- Extensive experience using network sniffing tools like Charles Proxy or Fiddler.
- Experience using automation tools JUnit,TestNG, Jenkins.
- Detail-oriented, proactive, collaborative with ability to work independently.
- Experience in AdTech preferred
Founded in 2005, Verve has always recognized the potential of mobile and its unique ability to reach people no matter where they choose to go. Since day one, Verve set out to create a dynamic location mobile marketing platform to help advertisers, large and small, utilize the power of connecting with consumers on their devices in real time. Verve’s mobile experts continue to invent and build solutions with consumer engagement as a guiding principle. Harnessing the power of location-context mobile data, Verve believes that mobile advertising is more than a message; it is an experience that connects consumers with the brands, publishers, and moments they value.
Verve pioneered the location-based mobile ad category and remains a clear leader in the industry. Leveraging our comprehensive data, imaginative creative and innovative insights, we develop and execute location-based mobile strategies for both the world’s top brands and those serving small businesses. With revenues in excess of $100M in 2016, Verve’s high growth rate and track record of profitability, 3 years and counting, provides a solid base from which it meets the demands of the fast-evolving mobile advertising market. With offices in the US, UK, India, and Vietnam, the Verve team is growing in all areas and looking to add top talent to our amazing team and solid culture.
Verve is focused on creating and advancing opportunities for women across all facets of the company. We partner with external organizations and host events that bring women together with leaders in technology and mobile advertising — Girl Develop It, for example. Our commitment to being an Equal Employment Opportunity employer is demonstrated by the Verve family being comprised of 41% women across all levels and specialties.
Verve pioneered the location-based mobile ad category back in 2005 and remains a clear leader in the industry. Leveraging our comprehensive data, imaginative creative and innovative insights, we develop and execute location-based mobile strategies for both the world’s top brands and those serving [...]