Why is a Marketing and Sales Director of Hobby and Tech important to us?
The Marketing and Sales Director will work with Hobby and Tech designers; professional and amateur. The Lead will develop and communicate a vision, build a business plan and go-to-market strategy to drive growth and contribute to profitability of Hobby and Tech for Shapeways. This position will report into the Chief Commercial Officer.
Shapeways has three lines of business: Jewelry, Hobby and Tech. Our commercial approach is based on community marketing. Each line of business addresses specific communities, each with specific needs and demands.
As a Marketing and Sales Director you will:
- Collaborate with other Shapeways teams such as Product, Tech, Operations, Finance, Marketing and HR and coordinate with other managers and directors to ensure clarity of direction and optimal execution of plans
- Develop and execute business plans and programs for assigned line of business
- Responsible for overall revenue forecast and delivering on target for assigned line of business
- Coordinate with Product management and Marketing organization, Product strategy, messaging and delivery, based on solid understanding of market information and identified needs in the market
- Coordinate with the Marketing team to develop and implement operational plans for new product launches and material updates
- Responsible for feedback of relevant business analytics on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Assign and allocate resources to achieve specific business results
- Explore and analyze market trends and identify new opportunities for assigned Line of Business
- Work on requirements provided by senior management whenever required
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 8+ years business development, marketing and/or entrepreneurial experience
- An understanding of the maker movement communities - the essence of turning hobbies into business
- Experience working with hobbyist, gamers, designers and artists
- Proven ability to use data driven approaches to drive growth and assessing ideas and opportunities
- Understand both the quantitative as well as the qualitative aspects of building a business
- Leadership qualities – more ‘one of the team’ than directive based on position
- A managerial skill set with a team approach and thrive working as a teammate with all other functions at Shapeways
- Entrepreneurial spirit; the ability to identify new opportunities and capitalize on them to the benefit of the company - making things happen
- Demonstrated ability to be productive and self-motivating with minimal supervision.
- Proven success being results oriented and able to move forward without complete information
- Strategic marketing vision with a taste for action and interpersonal contact
- Desire to listen and learn; with excellent and affable communications and presentation skills
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency, ability to work under pressure and tight schedule
We want the women of Shapeways to feel supported so we put effort into getting together for outings that include good women inspired conversation, food and drinks. We even have our own Slack Chat!
Overall Shapeways is committed to employing a diverse group of people that are passionate about our business. We have mentorship and leadership 1:1's in all departments and career goals are clear and consistently discussed.
Because we strive to be a diverse group of people, our environment is rich with opportunities for women to learn, share and pursue career advancements. And let's not forget work life balance! In addition to our generous PTO program - for those women who are expanding their families - we have a great health care plan as well as 12 weeks paid time off.
Shapeways is the leading global B2C 3D printing community and marketplace. Printing in over 60 different materials and finishes, we've printed over 8 million products for our community, and enable 45,000+ shop owners to sell through our marketplace.