The Manager of Retail Store Operations supports the Director of Retail Store Operations in managing the operations of 200 freestanding MAC retail stores throughout North America. Areas of responsibility includes the following:
- Store policies & procedures and compliance
- Business Intelligence – reporting and analysis
- Gatekeeper for all field communications and tasks
- Vendor relationships and account maintenance
- Store operating budgets and expenses
- Implementation, deployment, and maintenance of corporate initiatives and projects
- Store turnovers – new stores, renovations, relocations, and closures: planning and on-site support
Policies and Procedures
- Liaise with Estee Lauder corporate departments such as Global Retail Channel, Retail Support Systems, Loss Prevention, Treasury, Internal Control, & Retail Accounting to ensure policies and procedures compliance
- Routinely identify and evaluate opportunities to improve efficiencies in retail operating processes and implement changes
- Execute monthly updates to the Policies and Procedures Manual content. Facilitate regular distribution of P&P updates to the Retail Stores & field management. Monitor compliance to Corporate & Brand policies, as well as Sarbanes Oxley, PCI expectations, and other government regulations and update P&P as required
- Liaise with the Regional Directors of Operations to deliver routine trainings to meet business needs & brand expectations
- Create and maintain policies and procedures guide for the Corporate Retail Operations team
- Analyzes business reports such as sales revenue, traffic, staff schedule, payroll etc. and recommends solutions to the business users. Identifies and recommends best practices for applying business intelligence solutions to the field population. Ex – provide recommendation on ideal staffing schedule based on FTE, budgeted hours, sales and traffic forecast.
- Routine identify and evaluate need for new reporting for business insight. Ex - gift card sell-through and usage, paid-for-services performance, POS promotion analysis, etc.
- Manage centralized scheduling for the all FSS in North America
- MAC corporate gatekeeper for all field communications, including tasks and announcements
- Liaise with cross-functional partners to prioritize all communications to the field. Review and edit all communication requests to ensure consistency in communication quality
- Manage and respond to the inquiries from the field pertaining to the communications and task
- Monitor store budgets, manage expenses, and process payments. This includes store operating expenses, capital expenses, project related expenses, department travel expenses, and training expenses
- Provide monthly analysis of spend and provides budget forecasts and accruals
- Ensure invoices are paid timely and expenses captured in correct fiscal periods.
- Provide oversight for operating expenses managed by our ELC corporate partners
Program and Service Management
- Responsible for all vendor relationships & account maintenance, including quality assurance, cost savings & best services. Partner with Procurement and Vendor Management Office (VMO) in selection of vendors & negotiation of new & existing agreements/contracts.
- Manage relations & monitor performance of contracted service vendors to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met. Primary contact for all vendors.
- Maintain store archives to ensure accurate reference materials for operations & regulatory compliance in the retail stores.
- Maintain Store Master File ensuring regular updates: Store profile, management listing, leasing info, operating specifications, store hours, key series, etc.
Projects and Corporate Initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on corporate & brand projects
- Provide operational requirements and input for all projects
- Manage scheduling and deployment to stores
- Provide post implementation support for projects
- Must have minimum 5 years Free standing Retail Store Experience, one-year MAC store management experience a plus
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, and follow through, with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task, embrace change, be flexible, & supervise situations following the company’s philosophy
- Experience in Workforce Management, including scheduling, and time & attendance a plus!
- Working experience in Retail Operating Systems
- Must be able to accommodate routine travel schedule (30% of job) inclusive of 4 days on-site for new store construction & renovation & organize 10 hour days at turnover/renovation/overnight relocations
- Must be able to assist and perform tasks requiring moderate physical labor, this includes the movement of stock and fixtures on premises and extended hours on feet
- Must be available 24 hours, 365 day
- Required Driving License and capability to operate vehicle
“In many ways women share a common language. No matter what our culture, no matter what our background, we understand each other.” - Estée Lauder
The world has changed dramatically since Estée Lauder created her brand in 1946. But the core values she embodied are more relevant and more inspiring to women of all generations than ever before. Today the Company engages with women in more than 150 countries and at dozens of touch points — both in stores and online. And each relationship consistently reflects Estée’s powerful and authentic convictions and unique point of view.
We are the global leader in prestige beauty — delighting consumers in 150 countries and territories with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. We are the only company focused solely on prestige makeup, skin care, fragrance and hair care with [...]