We partner with innovators to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem.
We started in 2013 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. What began as a small group has since become a global organization working to realize this vision and the ideas of innovators everywhere. Each of our partners share our passion for building deeper connections and seamless experiences to inspire the world and create the future.
Samsung NEXT Acquisitions is a small team that enables the software & services acquisition strategy, execution and integration efforts globally for Samsung Electronics.
- Lead teams in the evaluation, negotiation and execution of M&A, joint venture, business development and strategic investment opportunities, including: developing decision frameworks; conducting valuation analysis and business case modeling; coordinating due diligence efforts involving cross-functional teams; and assembling findings into presentation material
- Identify and vet potential acquisition opportunities, independently and in collaboration with Samsung’s Mobile and Consumer Electronics business units
- Lead or participate in strategy development projects that translate strategy into actionable initiatives
- Contribute to the formulation and ongoing refinement of the Acquisitions team’s strategy and process frameworks
- Undergraduate degree from top university with a strong academic record
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred but not required
- 3-6 years of professional experience at a top-tier investment bank (preferably focused on software or technology), management consulting firm, private equity firm or Corporate Development at a top-tier technology company
- Demonstrated passion for technology through work experience or other activities
- Ability lead teams to formulate insights around complex business problems
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams
- Exceptional aptitude for creating structured quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Extraordinary focus on details, accuracy and quality
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills & executive presence: confidence and poise in presenting to executive management
- Strong personal initiative, excellent judgment and sense of humor
- Strong understanding of accounting, corporate finance theory and valuation methodologies
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel required