Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are STANLEY Tools. We are DeWalt. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work.
The Stanley Black & Decker Leadership Development Program (“SLP”) is a high-profile rotational program that is an integrated process for accelerating the development of our future leaders. It is geared toward recent graduates with Finance & Accounting internship experience and a relevant business degree with a passion for a long term career in Corporate Finance & Accounting.
Finance SLPs work in four 6-month rotations in different facilities across the United States. Each rotation has project assignments that allow participants to become familiar with how we do business and contribute to the success of that facility. The program offers invaluable experiences for early-career associates seeking challenging developmental opportunities to jump-start their careers.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Plan, manage and provide deliverables on projects as assigned.
- Work closely with functional business groups to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives.
- Lead projects and ensure that the functionality is developed in compliance with established business requirements, methodologies, and practices.
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Leading key Finance and Accounting projects to streamline processes and increase working capital turns.
- Gather and report necessary Key Performance Indicator (KPI) metrics globally.
- Report out to the Executive Team your project deliverables biannually.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related business field.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA upon graduation.
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must have a passion for excellence and leadership.
- Executes with the highest degree of integrity and accountability.
- Must be willing to rotate every 6 months to a new location (mainly U.S. based, but global opportunities may become available).
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business beginning with the shop floor and ending with senior management.
- Self motivated individual who strives for excellence and continuous improvement through the use of analytical problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Access, and other applications in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%, domestic and international travel.
- Must have a “can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
We provide women at Stanley Black & Decker with an environment where they are empowered to:
- Pursue career advancement opportunities.
- Achieve leadership positions.
- Have access to resources to support their professional development
As an employee at Stanley Black & Decker, you can join a local Chapter of the Stanley Black & Decker Women's Network and our other Affinity Groups! Also, follow us on Twitter here: @sbd_women
Global consideration is given based upon business need and the SLPs transferable skill set (e.g. bilingual in the host country language, etc).
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.