Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
What is the SLP?
The Stanley Black & Decker Leadership Development Program (“SLP”) is a fast-track rotational program that accelerates the development of our future leaders. It is geared toward recent graduates with Electrical Engineering internship experience and a relevant engineering degree who have a passion for a long term career in engineering, product design, and development.
Engineering SLPs work in 2, 12-month rotations in different segments of the Global Tools & Storage business. Each rotation has project assignments that allow participants to become familiar with how we do business and contribute to the success of that segment. The program offers invaluable experiences for early career associates seeking challenging developmental opportunities to jump-start their careers. This high profile opportunity will provide a great deal of company-wide exposure and professional growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Plan, manage and provide deliverables of projects as assigned.
- Work closely with engineering, manufacturing, marketing, global sourcing management to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of solutions deployed in support of business goals and objectives.
- Lead projects and ensure that the functionality is developed in a way that complies with business requirements and established methodologies and practices.
- Design and prototype hardware/firmware solutions to prove concepts and validate user acceptance.
- Transition prototype manufactural PCB assembly for transition to execution phase.
- Participate in the New Product Development process by conduction marketing research to identify user needs.
- Brainstorm design solutions to meet user needs.
- Work with cross-functional teams to experience multiple aspects of electrical engineering (software, circuits, motors, batteries, chargers).
- Develop initial concept designs and participate in the SBD Milestone product development process.
- Assist development teams in delivering new products to exceed quality targets on time and below cost.
- Evaluate, redesign, and execute a significant value improvement opportunity for the company.
- Report out/present your project delieverables on a quarterly basis to the Executive Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or other related Electrical Engineering field
- Experience in hardware, software, circuit design, signal processing, etc.
- Experience in CAD & drafting
- Must have a 3.0 GPA upon graduation
- Must have demonstrated leadership experience
- Executes with the highest degree of integrity and accountability
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate well across all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated individual who strives for excellence and continuous improvement through the use of analytical problem solving skills
- Facilitating, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Experience using various computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Access and other applications included in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to travel up to 25%, domestic and international travel
- Must have a “can-do” attitude – the desire to go above and beyond in all you do
Possible rotations are not limited to, but may include the following:
- Professional Products Group
- Consumer Products Group
- Power Tool Accessories
- Breakthrough Innovation
We provide women at Stanley Black & Decker with an environment where they are empowered to:
- Pursue career advancement opportunities.
- Achieve leadership positions.
- Have access to resources to support their professional development.
As an employee at Stanley Black & Decker, you can join a local Chapter of the Stanley Black & Decker Women's Network! Also, follow us on Twitter here: @sbd_women
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.