Verve is currently seeking a Lead Data Scientist to add to our growing team. The Lead Data Scientist will be a hands-on individual contributor, lead projects and manage a small team working on measurement and audience profiling frameworks. You are results-driven and able to create and evaluate data models. The key is your ability to understand data, scrutinize and evolve approaches objectively through robust methods/metrics.
You will help us measure ads and targeting performance, expand our customer understanding and audience which will create new targeting capabilities and metrics to deliver greater value to our advertisers and publishers.
- A quantitative researcher with a software engineering mix
- Substantial real-world experience in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Experienced in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Passion for identifying questions and answering them to improve business performance
- Experience with Hadoop, Map/Reduce and Pig
- Strong mathematical and statistical background; M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field, (e.g. applied mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science, operations research); or 4+ years experience in a relevant role
- Experience in a lead and mentorship role of a small, technical team
- Fluent in statistical analysis, data mining, and machine learning
- Familiarity with big data processing technologies; Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, MongoDB
- Proficient in analytical tools such as R, PySpark, Python, etc
- Proven ability to think creatively about challenging analytical problems
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems and a willingness to learn
- Ability to draw conclusions from data, communicate and recommend actions
- Hands on, self-motivated, diligent and reliable
- Desire to work in a constantly changing environment
- Experience with on-line advertising, mobile technologies, location services a huge bonus
- Experience with building predictive models for ad targeting, audience segmentation and personalization algorithms
- Experience with data services in support of high volume ad-serving, user profiling and targeting technologies
Founded in 2005, Verve has always recognized the potential of mobile and its unique ability to reach people no matter where they choose to go. Since day one, Verve set out to create a dynamic location mobile marketing platform to help advertisers, large and small, utilize the power of connecting with consumers on their devices in real time. Verve’s mobile experts continue to invent and build solutions with consumer engagement as a guiding principle. Harnessing the power of location-context mobile data, Verve believes that mobile advertising is more than a message; it is an experience that connects consumers with the brands, publishers, and moments they value.
Verve pioneered the location-based mobile ad category and remains a clear leader in the industry. Leveraging our comprehensive data, imaginative creative and innovative insights, we develop and execute location-based mobile strategies for both the world’s top brands and those serving small businesses. With revenues in excess of $100M in 2016, Verve’s high growth rate and track record of profitability, 3 years and counting, provides a solid base from which it meets the demands of the fast-evolving mobile advertising market. With offices in the US, UK, India, and Vietnam, the Verve team is growing in all areas and looking to add top talent to our amazing team and solid culture.
The Verve family is focused on creating and advancing opportunities for women in technology, engineering, marketing & sales at every level. We partner with external organizations and host events that bring women together with mobile advertising and technical leaders — Girl Develop It, for example — and our commitment to foreground roles for women in the workplace was recognized as part of the 2017 Women World Awards.
Verve pioneered the location-based mobile ad category back in 2005 and remains a clear leader in the industry. Leveraging our comprehensive data, imaginative creative and innovative insights, we develop and execute location-based mobile strategies for both the world’s top brands and those serving [...]