The Opportunity: Software Engineering Junior Associate – Automation Engineer
Want to do work on a massively global scale with a FINTECH company that is poised to revolutionize the industry? Get to know Western Union as we establish a new, world-class Technology Engineering Center (TEC) in Pune, India to support global strategic initiatives. Be one of the first to join the team and help shape our company’s digital capabilities and revolutionize an industry!
Among digital, person-to-person, international money transfer providers Western Union is the leader in number of customers, transactions and receive countries. We’ve built a powerful, cross-border technology platform for quickly moving money almost anywhere in the world. What sets us apart is a combination of a physical AND rapidly expanding digital network across 200 countries and territories with access to over 130 global currencies, our global compliance expertise and the proprietary technology behind it all.
We continue to invest heavily in using, and developing technology that allows us to move money seamlessly; eliminating barriers based on location, currency, payment method, platform, etc. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are a leader in both!
As an Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for participating in design reviews, estimating testing tasks, creating test documentation and performing quality testing.
- Provide feedback on software designs and test strategies
- Assess and determining testing coverage, risk sufficieny and limitations
- Conduct functional and non functional testing
- Research, learn and apply testing tools that can be used for a given project
- Work with a software development team and Service providers in a geographically distributed structure
What we require:
- B.E. / B.Tech. / MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required
- 1-2 of software qa/development experience
- Must be a problem solver with demonstrated experience in solving difficult technology challenges, with a can-do attitude
- Experience testing web based solutions
- Knowledge of architecture design concepts, object oriented design and techniques
- Knowledge of logical and physical database architectures and operating systems
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage workload, and consistently deliver results
- Experience in Agile and Iterative development methodologies
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with partners globally
- Technical areas of expertise:
- Experience in AWS technologies such as EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, Route 53, S3, Cloud Formation
- Management and connectivity of Hybrid cloud environments
- Experience testing web based software
- Experience with JIRA, UFT, Selenium, Cucumber or other related web testing tools
- Experience with SQL, REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, .NET, C#, Ruby, JQuery
- Web and App server experience (IIS, Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere etc.)
- SSH scripting
- Experience in NOSQL databases, like Couchbase, is a plus
If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be involved in something that will change an industry and impact millions of people and businesses around the world, then apply today!
We are a leader in global payment services. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far away, to NGOs in the most remote communities on Earth, Western Union helps people and businesses move money - to help grow economies and realize a better world. In 2015, we moved over [...]