Samsung NEXT partners with innovators to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem.
We started in 2013 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. What began as a small group has since become a global organization working to realize this vision and the ideas of innovators everywhere. Each of our partners share our passion for building deeper connections and seamless experiences to inspire the world and create the future.
We are looking for a sharp communications expert to manage media relations (PR) and corporate communications for Samsung NEXT. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this role will oversee a wide range of PR initiatives and projects. This individual will focus on increasing brand awareness of Samsung NEXT within communications channels both online and offline.
- Develop and execute corporate communications and PR strategy and plans for Samsung NEXT launches, announcements, events.
- Craft and maintain corporate messaging and messaging framework.
- Write press releases, briefing documents, bylines and messaging collateral.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests, and identify opportunities for leadership team and company spokespeople.
- Leverage existing media contacts and build new relationships with media and industry influencers.
- Produce PR effectiveness reports.
- Partner with content producer on social media and thought leadership program execution.
- Work across a number of business divisions within larger organization, internal stakeholder audiences and portfolio companies; lead cross-team collaboration and drive PR plans across organization.
- Manage external vendor and agency relationships.
- Maintain understanding of industry trends and make recommendations regarding marketing strategy and plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in PR or corporate communications, ideally both in-house and agency settings (tech and/or corporate venture capital exp. required).
- Established media relationships and demonstrated success securing interviews, creating and executing PR campaigns and measuring effectiveness.
- Experience creating messaging and briefing documents; securing executive interviews and press coverage.
- Experience building executive thought leadership platforms and consulting senior-leaders.
- Collaborative, team-oriented style and superb multitasker.
- Exceptional writing/editing and storytelling skills.
- Creative-thinker, comfortable executing in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong POV and passionate about storytelling, PR and tech.
Portfolio of media placements and writing samples required.
Looking for work-life balance, catered team lunches and opportunity to grow at a global company? At Samsung NEXT, we’re dedicated to empowering women of diverse backgrounds through benefits at work and growth opportunities through partnerships with groups including STEEAMnista and Girls in Tech.