Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
STANLEY Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users' fastening requirements in the automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, and machine tool, construction, and appliance industries. Our automotive division strives to lead the way with innovative solutions to every changing customer challenges and opportunities.
Within STANLEY Engineered Fastenings automotive division, an opening is currently available for an Engineering Co-Op / Intern at our office in Troy, MI. This main goal of this position is for providing technical support to the Manufacturing Department with some localized travel to our Plant’s in Chesterfield MI.
Ideal candidate Engineering Co-Op / Intern will be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree Program in Engineering.
Work effectively in a cross-functional project team environment; maintaining successful working relationships with product group engineering, manufacturing, and other SBD departments.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Working on assignments for the design/manufacturing of plastic molding parts and some metal fasteners.
- Working with others to obtain data with some use of analytical tools & problem-solving methodologies
- Supports cost estimating activities for new products which may include recommendations on processing methods and costs for packaging
- Working with others to evaluate and improve on processes within manufacturing systems and provide alternatives to concepts.
- Documentation of process methods for assembly and manufacturing methods
Competencies (Critical Areas of Understanding/Practice for the role):
- Mechanical design principles – progress towards BS degree within an Engineering discipline, preferred manufacturing or plastics engineering
- Working within a manufacturing team structure communicates regular updates to management on project status
- Proficiency with MS Office software, including MS Project, CAD and 3D design preferred
We provide women at Stanley Black & Decker with an environment where they are empowered to:
- Pursue career advancement opportunities.
- Achieve leadership positions.
- Have access to resources to support their professional development.
As an employee at Stanley Black & Decker, you can join a local Chapter of the Stanley Black & Decker Women's Network! Also, follow us on Twitter here: @sbd_women
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.