Welcome to Plated, where the love of great food, creativity, and technology combine to power a product that redefines the dinner experience. If you’re looking to join a company with reach and impact, Plated should be at the top of your list. We’re searching for a Director of Procurement to share our team’s commitment to empowering people across the country to cook more and live better.
As our Director of Procurement you will manage day to day procurement operations, ensuring our supplier/partners deliver what we need when we need it. You will have broad scope including various proteins, produce, specialty foods, packaging, and other materials, and will work with a diverse group of suppliers serving our growing fulfillment center network. As a leader, you’ll manage an expanding team of buyers and will have a chance to influence how we organize and grow to support the business.
- Manage core procurement activities to develop and implement best practices in tactical procurement execution including plan development, purchase order creation, delivery management, reconciliation, and payment
- Partner with Planning, Culinary, and Sourcing teams to drive success through the product lifecycle
- Bring significant improvement in process performance across key areas of procurement and supplier management
- Use world-class supplier management methodologies to continuously improve operational results including customer quality and costs
- Interface with multiple cross-functional teams including Culinary, Fulfillment Operations, Finance, Legal, and others, working collaboratively for results
- Demonstrated expertise in sourcing and procurement disciplines as well as strategy development, negotiation, and process management
- Intense focus on results including the ability to manage multiple performance metrics
- 5+ years directly relevant (food/perishables) business experience with a track record of measurable success
- Proven people management with operations/line-level procurement responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration in Business, Supply Chain, or other similar area (or MBA)
- CPM, APICS, or CIRM certifications and/or formal negotiation training desired
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A friendly, highly intelligent team who values healthy discussion and feedback.
- A consistently evolving, data-driven startup environment.
- A motivated group of colleagues who care as much as you do about making great experiences for our customers.
- Exceptional benefits and competitive compensation.
More About Plated
At Plated we have one simple belief: In order to live better, one must eat better. We launched in 2012, making it possible for consumers across the country to cook adventurous, quality meals at home. As we continue to grow, we want to bring more wonderful employees onto our team to continue redefining the way people think about food.
What's Plated like?
- We are an energetic, creative group of individuals in an environment where you will feel welcome and valued.
- We are using technology to improve the dining experience. If you love problem solving in action, there is no better place.
- There’s strong growth potential. You'll enjoy ideal opportunities for training and promotion within the company.
- Plated is run on integrity. We incorporate our values into everything we do.
What are your rewards, benefits & perks?
This list is expanding all the time!
- The best part, you'll enjoy a free box of Plated weekly!
- You'll have unlimited vacation days with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time.
- Competitive compensation & stock options.
- Customizable medical, vision & dental plans, and a 401(K) plan.
- We have an annual education stipend for your career development, and the right environment to grow your career internally.
- Open office environment with daily snacks, test kitchen samples, monthly company events, and even cultural clubs with great recipes and conversation.
- There’s even more to come—we are growing our benefits as we speak!
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Launched in 2012, Plated is the premium meal-kit brand that makes it easy for people who are passionate about food to create amazing, personal dinner experiences. To that end, Plated offers an unparalleled combination of choice, flexibility, convenience, and taste. Plated delivers distinctive [...]