SimpleReach is seeking a Director of Data Science to lead our data science efforts. You will be overseeing, mentoring, and growing a small team of experienced data scientists. The team closely collaborates with all departments of the company including Product, Engineering, and Customer Success, to understand market needs and create relevant data products that help our customers realize their content marketing program ROI. The Director of Data Science is responsible for setting the strategy and pace of data-driven product innovation, using cutting-edge technology to process data in the hundreds of terabytes.
Some things you’ll be doing:
- Reviewing, directing, and guiding the analysis, modeling, and engineering of the data science team
- Bridging insights from the Product, Marketing, and Sales teams to prototype revenue-driven data science products
- Collaborating closely with the Engineering and Product teams to see Data Science projects through to production services
- Working with the Marketing team to create industry-wide insights that highlight SimpleReach as a data leader
- Working with the Customer Success team to provide valuable insights for key customers.
Technology you will be using:
- Apache Spark (Databricks)
- Apache Cassandra
We want to talk to you if you:
- Have a BS (or even better, a PhD) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related field
- Have a track record of collaborative leadership and management of data science teams
- Excellent understanding of and experience with machine learning and AI techniques
- Knowledge of common data science and NLP toolkits (e.g. sklearn, TensorFlow, spaCy)
- Are familiar with the Python programming language and its best practices
- Have a significant understanding of Data Warehouse design, APIs, and ETL processes
Simple Reach is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants are evaluated equally, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.