Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we’ll keep making it work.
The ‘Marketing’ of our brands is evolving at a fast pace, with ‘Digital’ as a major global focus for Stanley Black and Decker. The successful candidate will have a passion for digital and demonstrated abilities in analytics modelling, prescriptive analysis and applied insights development to support our ultimate goal of creating a 1:1 relationship with our customers at every point in their digital purchase path.
Stanley Black and Decker will be at the forefront of digital innovation that leads our industry and competes with the greatest of brands.
We are looking for a Marketing Data Analyst who will conduct full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. The successful candidate will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Proficient in Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques and providing ongoing reports.
- Developing and implementing databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases/data analysis systems.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Plans and validates data integration by developing and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks, and hardware.
- Identify opportunities and propose innovative solutions to optimize our branded and corporate websites, social channels, email marketing, apps, CRM, and paid campaigns.
- Perform statistical analysis of large data sets to better understand trends, relationships between variables, and to formulate predictive insights.
- Develop complex modeling for targeting and personalization strategies, utilizing informed data points to develop advanced segmentation decisions
- Create ROI-focused dashboards on content/channel and campaign performance, lead generation and conversion rates that can be the standard across the regions in GEM SBD.
- Designs and builds publication-ready data visualizations using diverse sets of structured and unstructured data.
(MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND KEY PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS)
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Design, Human Factors, Computer Science or related discipline (e.g., Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, and Computer Engineering); Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the area of business intelligence, analytics, statistical modelling, or similar a MUST
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with Business Objects, SQL databases and SAP/BW and QAD ERP systems.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, R, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Implement and customize web analytics and website optimization tools based on business needs, specifically Google Analytics 360.
- Experience working with Tableau, QlikView, Google Data Studio and D3 preferred
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming with languages such as Python, C, C++ or Java is a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude and an understanding of statistical methods.
- High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent attention to detail, superior communication, customer service, follow-up and project management skills.
- Team player with a positive, professional and accommodating attitude.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Collaboration: Working effectively and cooperatively with others; establishing and maintaining good working relationships. Facilitator in assisting company to achieve goals.
We provide women at Stanley Black & Decker with an environment where they are empowered to:
- Pursue career advancement opportunities.
- Achieve leadership positions.
- Have access to resources to support their professional development.
As an employee at Stanley Black & Decker, you can join a local Chapter of the Stanley Black & Decker Women's Network! Also, follow us on Twitter here: @sbd_women
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.