If you enjoy staying at the edge of mobile technology trends and innovation, managing and launching devices that deliver a superior end-customer experience, and working with a multi disciplinary organization to launch innovative products, this highly rewarding and exciting role may be perfect for you.
Our Device Marketing organization manages device realization and launches of all wireless devices in the Verizon wireless retail channels. You will manage one or more OEM device partners, to set the cadence for defining and launching winning devices in the Verizon retail channels. This position is a high profile key technology role within our Wireless Product Management (Device Marketing) organization. You will have overall responsibilities of cradle to grave management of wireless devices and is responsible for driving key Verizon wireless technology initiatives into our Wireless device line up. The work you’ll do every single day impacts people’s lives, work and play.
- Own and manage cradle to grave product life cycle which includes strategic plan, requirements lock down with OEM’s, communicate and drive key selling point and value proposition with the Go-To-Market teams, drive Verizon wireless initiatives with the OEM and serve as a product evangelist and a gatekeeper of the product within Verizon Wireless.
Influence OEM’s to define and deliver winning products, that deliver innovative experiences and features that meet the strategic goals of Verizon wireless.
Drive product feature lock down across the organization and influence the launch and Go to marketing plans for the product.
Analyze potential 3rd party partner relationships and deliverables needed to enhance product experience and product market performance.
Drive and influence all the key attributes on the product that ensures a successful product launch and product performance.
Monitor product performance, post launch and drive and prepare product improvements if necessary and software and experience updates during the product life cycle.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience with developing and launching wireless devices in the retail channel or with wireless carriers.
- Proven track record in launching products or managing vendors to launch products.
- Flexibility - requires some travel in North America (25%).
Ideally you’ll also have:
A Master’s degree in either Business or Engineering.
Five or more years of product management experience in defining, developing and launching wireless products in consumer channels.
A desire to innovate and an entrepreneurial mindset with a healthy disregard for the impossible.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and outstanding problem solving skills
Superior judgment and the demonstrated ability to recognize and escalate situations, or manage escalated situations.
Strong engineering, technology and business background.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.