Tala is looking for a highly motivated Customer Experience Manager to help us build and lead a world class customer service and collections team. Tala is a world leader in providing direct loans and financial services in emerging markets. We are a global team with diverse backgrounds who are singularly focused on using technology, data and customer-centric approach to meet the financial needs of the 2+ billion people of the emerging global middle class.
This role is focused on developing and driving a team to provide world class customer experience throughout the customer lifecycle. The Customer Experience Manager is responsible for establishing procedures and reporting, hiring and training customer service agents, coaching, setting expectations, measuring performance, and upholding all of Tala’s expectations.
- Experience designing process and proven ability to roll-up his/her sleeves to ensure a great customer experience
- Create and implement policies and procedures in conjunction with other CX leadership
- Exceptional communication skills
- A customer champion who can deliver on the KPIs and SLA's
- Source, chart and analyze data to support company goals and maximize team effort
- Identify, review, and manage external customer contact centers for collections
- Train and support customer service and collections managers, team leads, and agents to deliver best in class service by developing proper standards, policies, and procedures, customer interactions, etc.
- Budget and plan staffing requirements and projections
- Bi-lingual, English & Spanish
- A minimum of 5+ years of Customer Service experience with at least 3 years of management experience
- Proven success with training, QA, business process improvement, and workforce planning experience
- Understanding of consumer finance lending
- Proven ability to deploy set standards, procedures and policies
- Expertise utilizing data to make decisions and drive management decisions
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Willingness to do required travel
- Willingness to take on a key function of our organization and desire to bring best in class servicing to all of Tala
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Ability to manage a CRM (Zendesk preferred) and Telephony system or contact center management experience
- Knowledge of the financial services industry (Know Your Customer, financial compliance, etc.)
- Project management skills, ideally Six Sigma training
- Experience working with an international team
- Comfortable with ambiguity
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is working to deliver financial access, choice and control to underserved people around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.