As a Controller you will:
- Lead a team of three: Financial Accountant, Treasury Analyst, and Accounts Payable Associate
- Own company’s day-to-day accounting operations and drive the accounting processes
- Manage process for management reporting including critical gross margin detailed reporting
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, cash flows
- Handle the general ledger, including updates, system access, chart of accounts, and period closes
- Oversee the company Accounts Payable function including reviewing and monitoring weekly aging reports
- Provide weekly cash flow projections, looking forward 90 days
- Ensure that all monthly balance sheet reconciliation is completed and any reconciling items are addressed and resolved
- Work with banking and credit card processing partners to leverage system enhancements and offerings to continue to improve and automate the process
- Serve as primary contact and coordinate with company’s external Tax accountants and/or auditors, ensuring that accounting transactions are complete and accurate prior to external audits
- Guide the annual external audits and tax submissions (US, Netherlands)
- Assist in analyzing and reviewing transactions for proper GAAP treatment
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have a degree in Accounting - CPA or advance degree
- Possess 6+ years of related experience in Ecommerce or Manufacturing
- Are experienced working in a startup or lean environment
- Have expert Excel skills including data analysis
- Maintain principal knowledge of GAAP - understanding of IFRS
- Possess strong people skills; this includes positive leadership abilities, collaboration, patience and tact, (e.g. ability to work amicably with other groups)
- Are a strong communicator with excellent yet fun presentation skill and style
- Thrive on being detail orientated with optimal organizational skills; with a focus on teamwork and follow-up
- Are comfortable with Google Suite (email, word, powerpoint, etc)
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for…
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer a great medical plan option that provides coverage to the employee for free
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor matching - Join the team and we will invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Generous Paid time off for new parents
- Ample Paid Time Off - PTO plus sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life.
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Learning and Development - We provide access to an e-learning platform that will expand your skill set and a recognition program that helps Shapies earn money to invest in their development.
- Unlimited 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.
- Working with some of the most talented, passionate, creative innovators in NYC. Best culture out there!
You’ll also have the coolest desk toys anywhere. Fun is part of our DNA – a sense of humor is a must
We want the women of Shapeways to feel supported so we put effort into getting together for outings that include good women inspired conversation, food and drinks. We even have our own Slack Chat!
Overall Shapeways is committed to employing a diverse group of people that are passionate about our business. We have mentorship and leadership 1:1's in all departments career goals are clear and consistently discussed.
Because we strive to be a diverse group of people, our environment is rich with opportunities for women to learn, share and pursue career advancements. And let's not forget work life balance! In addition to our generous PTO program - for those women who are expanding their families - we have a great health care plan as well as 12 weeks paid time off.
Shapeways is the leading global B2C 3D printing community and marketplace. Printing in over 60 different materials and finishes, we've printed over 8 million products for our community, and enable 45,000+ shop owners to sell through our marketplace.