As PicMonkey’s data grows, so does our Business Intelligence team and we’ve got a massive opportunity ahead of us. As a member of this team you’ll help make sense of all the data we have at our disposal by wrangling data into useful formats, creating dashboards, and telling stories with the patterns you uncover. In this role you’ll work with cross-functional teams to define and build internal systems to measure and predict business performance. The ideal candidate enjoys figuring out solutions to abstract problems and also has the technical chops to write SQL queries and scripts in R or Python. As a member of PicMonkey BI, you’ll work with a passionate team of curious data-creatives to test hypotheses and improve understanding of our business and customers.
- Establish effective relationships with Finance, Marketing, 3rd party providers and other cross-functional groups
- Plan and deliver large scale, complex projects
- Turn business questions into testable hypotheses and informative experiments (i.e., what does it take to convert a free user to paying?)
- Use raw data to support high-level decision making
- Diagnose problems with our campaigns and products by investigating production logs and web analytics data
- Support the Finance team with financial forecasting, report automation, ad-hoc analysis and data visualization
Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years experience working in a highly analytical role, though new grads considered
- Strong understanding of SQL and applied experience with R, Python or related languages
- Experience analyzing and interpreting web analytics data
- Comfortable managing a queue of active projects of varying size during formal 2 week sprints
- Experience building dashboards and an interest in the aesthetics of data visualization
- An understanding of data warehouse modeling/design
- Strong communication and analytical problem solving skills
Of all the numbers we analyze, here's the one that gets us most excited: PicMonkey plans to reach more than a billion users in the next decade. That means our team of mathematicians, sql wizards, and data analysts is going to need help weaving huge gobs of raw data into strands of golden insight. If you're the type who looks for meaning in even the most random statistics, we’d love to hear from you.
PicMonkey was recognized as a Top Employer for Millennial Women by Mogul in June 2017 and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We are currently made up of 50% women at both individual contributor and leadership levels.
In a world where image matters, boring isn't an option. PicMonkey helps everyday creatives design compelling images that make a point, express a view, and leave an impression. With PicMonkey's photo editing and design tools, good portraits become even better, meh photos transform into sparkling [...]