The Opportunity: Software Engineering Associate Manager - Salesforce Development
Want to do work on a massively global scale with a FINTECH company that is poised to revolutionize the industry? Get to know WU as we establish a new, world-class Technology Engineering Center (TEC) in Pune, India to support global strategic initiatives. Be one of the first leaders to join the team and help shape our company’s digital capabilities and revolutionize an industry!
Among digital, person-to-person, international money transfer providers Western Union is the leader in number of customers, transactions and receive countries. We’ve built a powerful, cross-border technology platform for quickly moving money almost anywhere in the world. What sets us apart is a combination of a physical AND rapidly expanding digital network across 200 countries and territories with access to over 130 global currencies, our global compliance expertise and the proprietary technology behind it all.
We continue to invest heavily in using, and developing technology that allows us to move money seamlessly; eliminating barriers based on location, currency, payment method, platform, etc. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are a leader in both!
We are looking for Software Engineering Associate Manager who can form and lead a highly technical and dynamic team. This team will be responsible to build and maintain our next generation software.
- Lead a team of software developers with a broad range of responsibilities including software architecture, design, development, unit testing and software configuration management
- Build software that is optimized, well organized and maintainable
- Monitoring on-going risks and providing resolutions, driving process improvements, resource planning & optimization and performance management
- Be responsible for migration of assigned platforms and processes as per project timelines and ensure smooth knowledge transfer in partnership with on-shore and offshore stakeholders
- Partner with key stakeholders, both off-shore and on-shore, and delivering on the service level agreements
- Coordinate architecture review, oversight, and implementation in conjunction with the WU-Architecture team
- Invest time daily on all projects to remove impediments and provide solutions to technical challenges and make escalations as necessary
- Participate in capacity and program planning exercises
- Hire, manage and mentor a team of 6-10 engineers
- Maintain effective communication with clients, business and partners as needed
What we require:
- B.E. / B.Tech. / MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required
- 5-8 years of software development experience with focus on leading teams to deliver technology focused projects preferred
- Prior experience leading onshore and offshore delivery, including working overlapping business hours to partner with onshore teams
- Must be a problem solver with demonstrated experience in solving difficult technology challenges, with a can do attitude; possess strong leadership skills in guiding and directing teams throughout the SDLC process
- Extensive prior experience in developing applications and web based systems and solutions
- Understanding of logical and physical database architectures and operating systems
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage workload, and consistently deliver results
- Strong Customer Centric mindset with an ability to outperform Service Level Agreements on Customer satisfaction and experience
- Experience in Agile and Iterative development methodologies is a must
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact with partners globally
- Experience in a financial services/payments /Banking verticals is a plus
- Technical area of expertise:
- Strong experience in developing applications in On Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) Platform
- Responsible for managing resources and solutions for TIBCO, Java, and Angular JS
- Refactoring and working effectively with legacy Salesforce configuration code.
- Measuring and improving Salesforce application performance.
- Troubleshooting application issues in a complex code base, across widely varying customer ‘orgs’.
- Comfortable with a Scrum project management style.
- Comfortable interacting with customers to solve issues and discuss technical questions
- Full-stack Force.com platform developer: Platform Developer Advanced
- Experience with Apex Triggers, Batch Classes and @Future Methods, Controllers
- Calling REST web services from Apex, generating and parsing JSON in Apex
- Visualforce Pages and Components, including Canvas
- Visualforce Remoting and API development
- Effective Apex unit testing, including web service mocking.
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce platform Best Practices, Governor Limits and workarounds
- (desirable) ISEB Certified Solution Architect or equivalent.
- (preferred) Be a Salesforce Certified Developer (401)/Platform Developer II
- (preferred) Be a Salesforce Certified Consultant (Service/Sales/both)
If you’re ready for a challenge and want to be involved in something that will change an industry and impact millions of people and businesses around the world, then apply today!
We are a leader in global payment services. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far away, to NGOs in the most remote communities on Earth, Western Union helps people and businesses move money - to help grow economies and realize a better world. In 2015, we moved over [...]