Here at Tala, we are looking to hire a talented attorney to help us manage operations in global markets, ensure compliance with local regulations, negotiate commercial contracts and address the unique matters in a growing startup. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced and collaborative environment. In this challenging position, you will report to our General Counsel and work closely with our Expansion team.
Tala is seeking an Associate Counsel with FinTech experience to help us operate and expand in overseas markets and work on compliance and other legal matters.
- Work with Expansion and business teams to operate in global markets
- Collaborate with Operations team to manage regulatory compliance matters
- Negotiate and review commercial contracts
- Work with our General Counsel on other special projects
- Law degree
- Admitted to the bar
- Two to four years of experience, two years at a FinTech or financial services company
- Experience in consumer finance and financial regulation
- Experience working on commercial contracts
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience operating in foreign markets
- Exposure to or familiarity with international laws and regulations, preferably in emerging markets
- Experience working at a startup
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is working to deliver financial access, choice and control to underserved people around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.