About Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix is redefining retail shopping using a unique blend of art and science to deliver a deeply personalized service to our customers. This novel juxtaposition—at once analytic and artistic, technical and adventurous—attracts an extraordinary collection of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. Our diverse workforce has catalyzed enormous company growth over the past three years in terms of customer satisfaction and service efficacy. We’d love for you to help us carry on the trend.
About the Role
Be a part of our extraordinary Merchandising team and gain coveted experience in buying, merchandising and product development. We're looking for someone who has a good eye for style and trends to support our buying process.
As a part of the Merchandising team, the Assistant Buyer will support an area of business in the development of seasonal merchandise assortments and business strategies that delight our clients and drive strong financial results.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Assist in the development and execution of product strategy
- Participate in ongoing competitive shopping across the marketplace and present trend research
- Leverage client feedback to build seasonal product assortments with a data driven mindset
- Support business targets for product category and provide business analysis support
- Identify and communicate vendor and product opportunities
- Support Buyer with market vendor appointments
- Create and pull vendor reports based on business needs and market prep
- Generate weekly sales reports and provide recommendations to the Buyer on opportunities to improve performance
- Build shopping list and trend packet based on product gaps and overall assortment strategies
- Coordinate and attend all product category fittings and track product changes
- Communicate product fit notes and comments to vendor partners and Merchandise Coordinators
- Build strong partnerships with key cross-functional partners
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, with 2-4 years of retail buying experience
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint) and love learning new systems
- You have knowledge of retail math and business metrics
- You have a keen eye for women's wear
- You love to innovate and are eager to create process improvements
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You are excited to dive deep into data and use client feedback to drive assortment decisions
- You are EXTREMELY detail-oriented and organized
- You are a positive team player who is able to work independently
- You excel in a fast paced environment where change is the norm
- You thrive in a feedback driven environment
- Above all else, you are Bright, Kind and Goal-Oriented
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- Are a successful, fast-growing company with a start-up work vibe
- Are a technologically and data-driven business
- Offer competitive salaries, equity and comprehensive health benefits
- Are at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining shopping for the next generation
- Are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience
- Get to be creative on a daily basis
- Are smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- Believe in autonomy & taking initiative
Stitch Fix has re-invented shopping, the way women really want to shop. Keep your wardrobe up-to-date with no hassle. You give us your size and style preferences, and your stylist sends you a selection of 5 items picked just for you. Try everything on at home, and only pay for what you want to keep!